Omagh Boys and Girls Club first opened its doors in February 1952. At that time a provision for the youth in our community was a new concept. In the sixty six years since its foundation the Omagh Boys and Girls Club has went from strength to strength, moved with the changes in society and has developed into a haven for personal development and growth for young people.
At every chance and opportunity the young people In the club are encouraged to challenge themselves through personal development and activity based projects. They do this with the help of a dedicated staff that for many years has been the backbone of positive reinforcement and opportunity providers for the young people
The journey the club has made operating from its various temporary locations until the purpose built Station Centre became the fulfilment of our dream of having a permanent base for youth work when it opened in 2001. Many generations of young people have passed through the club on their own personal journey negotiating the adolescent phase of their lives.